Swollen big toe at nail bed. Should I use icepack or rotate between cold and hot compress?

My big toe is swollen at the nail bed. (I see the dr. tomorrow.) It is a fugus nail & has needed clipped but have not done it yet & should have.. anyway it is swollen at the nailbed. I have been soaking in epsomsalt, cider vinger hot water, but still in pain also taking tylenol . It is better when elevated. I m tiews of taling pain meds. I cannot touch the area withut screaming. It may be infected. Should I icepack aor rotate between hot/ cold compresses?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012