Swollen and red gums and lips. Why is tongue also sensitive?

For the past week or so the inside of my upper and lower lip have been swollen and reddish and my gums feel dry over the swollen area of my irritated lips . In addition, the front of my tongue is now particularly sensitive to salty, spicy or sour food which I have had no problems eating in the past. I do not have dry mouth but this is more evident in the morning when I wake up. Should I see my doctor or go to a dentist and what could be the cause? Michelle
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012