Swelling of submandibular salivary glands. Feel bumps on gland. Reason for swelling?

Hello. I have had swelling of my submandibular salivary glands for just over a year now. It started with just the left side but is now both sides. However, the left side is larger and of a different consistency. On the right side I feel a small, firm bump on the gland itself. The bump on the right side is not fixed and moves around slightly. I have had horrible anxiety about this since Adam from the group the Beastie Boys passed away from salivary gland cancer . I know this type of cancer is rare, but I cannot help my worry. What does this sound like to you?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012