Swelling in vagina, sexually active, inflamed hair follicles, vaginal injury. Treatment options?

I really need answers here because this is the first time something like this has happened to me and I m a bit worried- okay, more than a bit worried. A little background: I m an 18 year old female who is sexually active (I don t know if that s relevant, just throwing that out there.) This swelling is not visible. If I feel for it and press down a bit, I feel the pain but I think it s gotten bigger since yesterday? I am a shaver and I ve recently acquired a sizable hair boil further south. I know lymph nodes get inflamed when fighting infection so I m thinking that might be the cause. If that isn t, I vaguely remember hitting my mons on the corner of a desk when passing by.. but I don t think that s what s going on (I m just listing all possibilities.) The position of this swelling is in the right upper middle-ish area of my mons, towards the crevice of where my leg folds, if that means anything. Oh gosh, please someone give me a little insight. :( I know that if I stress about this too much, I ll delay my period (it s really sensitive to my hormones and emotions .) Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern if I would be your doctor then I would treat you with the following treatment,
1) Tab Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid twice in day
2) Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg three times in day
3) Povidone ointment for local application
keep the area clean this would come around soon hope this information helps you have a nice day.