Swelling in the arm and rib cage. Is there a surgical treatment to cure this? Diagnosed as costochondritis

i fell down the stairs on or about 6 or 7 years ago periodically after picking up gallon of milk or toddler, basically after repeating motion of the right arm . i swell and feel like fluid in the rib cage from under my right breast to the mid-back bra section of my back. i find myself constantly laying down and it feels better. it last days and sometimes weeks at a time. is there a surgical procedure than can correct this? the doctors state that its costochondritis or inflammation but they don t know where its coming from. who can i treat with in order to find a solution for the discomfort i feel. it impacts my life moderately.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013