Swelling in the ankle after a hysterotomy. How to prevent this?

Hi there, I had a hysterotomy just over 2 years ago and the summer after my surgery my left ankle started to swell up. It tended to get bad in the hot summers but now it constantly is swelling up by the end of each day. One of the nurses at my family doctors office suggested that this may be the side where they took a few lympe nodes. I will be following up with my surgeon next week when i go for my annual check up to ask him if this was the side, but is there anything i can do to prevent this?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013