Swelling in small toes after hitting hard. Purple bruising spreading towards foot.Is it normal? Could my toe be broken?Concerned about gangrene

Good Afternoon, Yesterday I hit one of my small toes really hard against the edge of a wall. I felt pain, seen swelling and a blueish color. I can move my toe but hurts. This morning I saw my toe purple bruising spreading down towards my foot . Could my toe be broken? Is it normal for the bruising purple color to spread? Concerned on the possibilities of gangrene .
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012