Swelling in lower legs. On antibiotics for water retention. History of breast cancer. Treatment?

my wife 60 years old,had breast cancer 5 years ago ,has been given the all clear,for the last month she has has swollen feet and pain ine lower legs , went to the doctor he has said it is water retention,prescribed tablets which finished a week ago ,still the same ,we have done all the raising of the legs ,the are not so swollen first thing in the morning ,as the day goes on the swelling increases and with it the pain ,can you advice
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012