Swelling below waist, painful when pressed. Dangerous?

Hello Doctor, I am a lady , age 47 years old and i noticed 6 months back that below my waist at the back just below the kidneys , there is a swelling which can move to the left and right.It is painful when pressed hard It is only felt when i bend over and press on it .How do I knw it is dangerous or not ? I am scared to see a Dr and need counselling tp actually see and consult a Doc.Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012

Welcome to HCM.
Only physical examination can solve the puzzle.
Doctors are not that bad, their duty is to help out out not only out of the problem but also to reassure you.
Kindly go ahead and you will not regret the decision---