Swelling and numbness on my wrist where i got bitten by dog.

I was bit by a dog about a week and a half ago. I have two major punctures from where the dog s tooth went completely through my wrist. They are underneath my thumb on my left wrist about an inch down. Now the skin in between the punctures has gone numb. Also, The other side of my wrist feels like I may have pulled something and is very painful. My hand has become very shaky and very weak. I went to my family doctor to see what was happening with it and she provided me no answers, only taking blood and asking me to return in 4 weeks. Should I be worried about my symptoms and get it looked at by another doctor? What could have possibly happened to my wrist? Will I need to see a specialist?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

This may be local inflammatory response to injury. Injury to underneath muscle may produce this symptoms.
If the dog is pet dog and observable no need of in Reabipur if dog ok
otherwise needed inj Rabipur by advice of physician.
Visit orth doctor and get treatment.

Have a Healthful Day..