Swelling and burning in pubic area, tightness around inguinal area

I have some swelling on the left side of the pubic area above the penis . That area also has some tightness in the inguinal area. It also feels as though there is a lump in the inguinal area. It is most prevalent when I am standing. Some times there are also is a burning sensation in the leftr groin area. I have been to both my GP and urolgogist. They have examined for a hernia but determined that I had none. They felt that I may have strained a muscle ( I do exercise a lot). These symptoms have been present for about 6 weeks.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012