Swallowed a tongue ring ball. Will it affect my baby?

First, no disrespect.. but i do want to know if the docotors on this website answering these questions are REAL doctors. & my question is; will swallowing a piece of my tongue ring ball hurt me or m unborn baby? i am 36 weeks pregnant. i was eating & i felt my tongue ring ball & a piece had broken off of it & i must ve already swallowed it because it was no where n my mouth or in the food in my mouth at the time. its only a piece of the ball, but i am worried that since its broken off there might be a sharp edge from breaking off or something that can harm me. it was a plastic tongue ring ball by the way.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you.

1. It is incredibly unlikely that this will harm you or your baby
2. There is nothing you can do about this except wait
3. You will likely pass it in your stool within a day
4. If you have unexplained pain of any kind, you should call your doctor
5. You should tell your doctor the next time you see them, because if you had an xray for any reason, it would show up on that film and there would be understandable confusion

Good luck!