Sulphur smell up my nose

i have a strong smell of sulphur up my nose what could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
If it is since long time, then there are chances of either infection in your nose OR some foreign body in your nose. Infection can be bacterial or fungal. So, it is my advice to get consult4ed by an ENT specialist who can see the inner part of your nasal cavity with endoscope to find out the cause of Sulphur like smell in the nose.
Have a speedy recovery!

welcome to hcm
when you say sulphur smell i beleive it is persistent.
even if it is not associated any discharge, pain in nasal region, you would need an examination by an ENT doctor to rule out any infection which could be affecting your smell receptors.
incase you have exposure to sulphur at work, just need to know that strong smells like sulphur linger longer than subtle smells. but that should not be persistent.
if no cause is found in your nose rare poosibility would be a mild damage to smell receptors in your brain.
both assessments need experts to examine. so see your doctor.
hope this is helpful.