Suggested nine hours of sleep due to epilepsy. Why do I feel irritation if I sleep less than ten hours?

hi doc. I have epilepsy and am currently pursuing my graduation. Being a patient, i have been prescribed 9 hrs of sleep. Being a student, i want to sleep fewer hours. I regularly sleep for around 10 hours. Anything less than that causes me irritation and frustration and my understanding capacity decreases. I am also a lazy guy. I want to know whether my long-duration sleep is due to my medicines or due to my laziness. Sometimes I try to sleep for 7-8 hours but in 2-3 days i revert to my original routine. so, is it medicine or my laziness ?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013