Suffering with seasonal asthma, episode of running, shouting and failing to recognize people. Suspicion of blood clot in brain. Treatment?

My father is 75 years old. He has no history of heart disease and BP . He is not diabetic. He has seasonal asthma and undergone Hernia surgery. Today he started running, shouting and failing to recognize people. We called ambulance and 6 men struggled to take him to hospital. There doctors tied him to bed and took his BP, ECG. Initally his ECG was abnormal and later it became normal. His BP is also normal. But his mental health persists. Doctors want to take him to CT scan and doubt blood clot in brain. What do you think is an issue and if there is a blood clot what is the treatment?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013