Suffering with acute bronchitis since years. X-ray showed ALK calcification, basal haziness. What does this mean?

Hello Doctor, My mother is aged 72 and she has been suffering from acute bronchitis for the past 5 years. She has been treated time and again by the Physician. Recently she was again treated for the same and this time her X-ray report is as follows: ALK Calcification , clear lung fields, normal cardia , left basal haziness. Can u plz tell me what does the left basal haziness mean. Is there anything seriously wrong with her lung. Please do let me know. Thanking you in anticipation, Harish Kumar.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012