Suffering with OCD, habit of washing hands frequently. Am I liable for treatment?

Hello doctor. I am a girl of 23 years old and live in Mauritius. I have been suffering from OCD since 2-3 years and am not following any treatment. I came to know about my problem through this website itself but i can`t follow any treatment since my parents are not supportive. They know that am doing all those rituals like washing hands etc and taking long hours of bath because i feel that am dirty.They know the reason why i behave like this but they do not accept that am suffering from a problem. They scream everytime and say that one day i`ll definitely kill them with the way i behave. Am really fed up and i feel my life has become like hell. My parents always scold at me and they say all this is in my mind and i must know how to fight with it. I wanted to consult a psychologist without letting my parents know about it but since am not working i depend upon them and i was waiting for the day when i get a job to start a treatment. I always cry when they scream at me and now they have started to keep a watch on me when i have a bath etc but i feel more stressed with their attitude. Yesterday my mum was so angry with me that finally she contacted a psychologist.She did this only to make me fear but actually am happy that finally i`ll be able to go and consult a psychologist. But what is making me worried is whether the psychologist will understand my problem?Will my parents understand me after that and try to atleast support me?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012