Suffering from tuberculosis. Taking antibiotics, stomach cramps, blood in sputum. Symptoms of GERD?

hi, just wanna ask. I just take my medicines for tuberculosis . I m taking the medicines for a couple of 3 days. But i observe after taking the medicine i feel cramps on my stomach and i spit out with a bit blood. Do you think this is because of my ulcer my stomach irritate due to antibiotic? Is it possible that i have gastrogeneal acid reflux? Now, i am on medication of my swollen lymph nodes infection. The doctor said i have tuberculosis.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello mbg,

Tuberculosis of the lymph nodes is treated with 4 medications in the initial phase. The treatment includes Rifampcin, (in the red capsule). This medicine can stain your urine and spit a shade of orange-red. This coloration usually lasts for 4 to 6 hours after taking the capsule.

If an ulcer from the stomach bleeds, blood usually comes out with vomiting, not in the spit. The vomitus may be coffee-ground in color and appearance. Gastro-esophageal reflux disease usually produces some food-related pain. Do you have the cramps following food? Gastro-esophageal reflux disease is usual in over-weight people. Are you obese?

Any antibiotic or other medicine can irritate the stomach. A discussion with your treating doctor will solve your problem in this regard.

Hope your lymph node problem gets cured at the earliest. Thanks for using