Suffering from stress and depression. Looking for suggestion

hi doctor, i have been under sever post marital stress , essentially because of 2 families not getting aligned. More so because my wife refuses to understand or even discuss these. I have because of this physically injured myself on various occasions, which brings temporary relief. Even thoughts like suicide comes to my mind, but because I understand the plight it may leave on the people left behind, refrain myself from doing anything stupid. Please suggest what to do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013