Stress ECG showed significant ST depression on a background of borderline ST depression at rest. Could it be benign ?

Hi, I had a question about ST depression on an ECG test. I have had a stress ECG which showed significant ST depression on a background of borderline ST depression at rest. I have since had a stress Echo and a Cardiac MRI with Adenosine Stress test, which both returned normal results (excepting the ST depression). My cardiologist says that in light of the above there is no specific explanation for the ST depression finding: some people just have different electrical activity in their heart. I am 31 years of age; non smoker; not overweight. Is it possible for ST depression to be benign? I was under the impression that it was always an ominous sign.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013