Suffering from strep throat. Burning sensation in throat. Bicillin shots and steroids taken. How to make it go away?

I have this burning sensation in my throat and on my throat that wont go away. I do have strep t hroat. My dr gave me bicillin shot yesterday along with steroids. Im not allergic to any medications . I never had this burning sensation and hot water and honey helps a little bit. But once I stop drinking it. It comes back. Its worst when I sleep at night
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it may be possible that you may be having acid reflux, which may cause the burning sensation. please meet your ENT doctor and ask him to add medicines for acid reflux, that will help. meanwhile avoid tea, coffee, spicy food. thanks