Suffering from stomach pain, constipation, clay coloured stools. Taking ex-lax. Cause of worry?

Hello, I have had some stomach issues and I m wondering if it is something I should see a doctor about. Last week I had stomach pains for 3 days. I thought it may be due to constipation so I took ex lax. That seemed to clear me out but I was still experiencing minor stomach pains. I took several tums over the last couple of days and now today I have experienced clay colored stools . Should I be concerned or is the clay colored stools just caused by the ex lax and tums?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013