Suffering from sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, taken Aspirin. Cause for this symptoms?

I have had a sore throat for about 5 days now [starting Wednesday], and it feels like it s on the right side of my throat. Initially, it hurt to swallow, and I thought it would go away in a couple of days like sore throats normally do. When it hadn t gone away by Friday, I started doing the saltwater gargling regimen, drinking tea, and drinking hot water with honey . However, by Saturday, it still hadn t gotten any better. Saturday night though, it got worse and my throat started hurting when I wasn t swallowing . I actually woke up at 2am because something in my lower jaw seemed to be hurting. It felt like the nerve was hurting. This morning, I woke up and the back of my tongue seemed to be hurting, but after being up for about 30 minutes, it doesn t hurt when I m not swallowing and my tongue/nerve has stopped hurting. I haven t taken any medications except for a couple of aspirin yesterday to see if it would do anything for the pain, but it didn t. I am NOT experiencing any other symptoms. No fever [that I can tell], no coughing, no pain when I do cough occasionally, no runny nose, no headaches, no pain chewing, no pain touching my neck anywhere, no earache [although sometimes I feel like I might be feeling something in my right ear, but I can t tell if that s just mental], no pain when I yawn. It doesn t feel like this is improving, and if anything, is getting worse as time goes on, so if it hasn t improved by tomorrow, I guess I will see about making an appointment with a doctor. [yay for jumping hoops with health providers! ugh.] My question is, does anyone know what it could be if I have a sore throat and pain swallowing, but no other symptoms? And should I go see a doctor even if it improves a little bit by tomorrow? To recap, symptoms are: -Pain when swallowing Symptoms I do NOT have: -no fever -no runny nose -no cough -no pain when I do cough occasionally -no pain chewing -no pain when I touch my neck, throat, or jaw -no earache [I think] -no other body aches Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013