Suffering from severe cough, bright red blood comes along with mucus and my right ear is blocked. Serious? What could be wrong?

Good after noon Dr. I am suffering a lot for more than a week due to sever cough . Initially it was a mild fever followed by Dry cough wherein my doctor advised Amoxillyn for 5 days and anti histamines. But now the fever has subsided but cough persists. Now am continuing the antihistamines one in morning and one in night. No antibiotics. My chest xray is clear and doctor advised me ton continue the medicine for a month. Now while coughing bright red blood comes along with mucus and my right ear is blocked.. Kindly advise
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013