Suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. Been given medicines without knowledge. How to convince to visit doctor?

HI, the query is regarding my mother who is been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia . she often: 1. Talks to herself for long hours 2. She thinks that me and my father are planning something aganist her. 3. Is been suspicious about my father having an extra marital affair and feels very insecured. So much so, she s stopped sending him out of the house and is very disturbed when someone calls him. 4. She has also started making stories which are not true. I, exactly dont know when all these started but its now been going on for many years off late its only worsened because she is getting very violent and aggresive towards people who disagree with her. we tried to convience her to visit a doctor but, she was not ready for it, hence we made a psychiatrist come home where this disease was diagnosed. Currently, she is on medication of tablet olimelt- 2 in a day, and risorodine- 1 ml. Doctor, my concern is currently the medicines are given without her knowledge. is it alright? are there any sideeffects? and how long can we do this or how to convience her to visit a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012