Suffering from pain in the hand. Is it nerve pain? On pain killers. Need to be concerned?

doctor my father is severely sufering with hand pain from a day initially when he really felt pain when he tried moving his hand but now it grew worse eventhough he is not moving his hand he is having unbearable pain he even cried just a bit back its a nerve pain kind of
doctor will he be okay or are there chances that it may get even worse or is it due to some extra physical strain or something like that
he is just taken to a hospital as far as i know he has just undergone a MRI scan and they have given him some painkiller
i just want to know if its just a minor case or not
thankyou doctor will be waiting for ur reply
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013