Suffering from hashimoto's disease. Started spotting before periods and heavy bleeding. Is this pre menopause?

i am 49 years old with hashimotos disease this past month 2 weeks prior to me period i spotted for d3 days, then i had my period. On the second day of my period i had a very very healvy blood flow with clots for about 3 Hrs Then my period went on for the next 6 days. Now 3 days after my period i am having a pinkish discharge . Is this pre menapause
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012
hi..hashimotos disease leads to hypothyroidism, which in turn will cause excessive menstrual flow. you may have to get thyroid profile done to check your hormone status. But at the same time, excessive menstrual bleeding can sign of menopause since you are 49. consult a gynecologist for further management. start taking iron tablets to maintain normal haemoglobin level. good luck.