Suffering from epilepsy. Taking medicines. Having vitamin D deficiency. Caused by anti-epileptic drugs?

I am suffering from Epelipsy since 2005 I am on Desval ER 750 mg + frisium 5 mg (morning) / Desval 500 mg + Ciplar LA 20 mg + Zorsart (Night) Is anti-epileptic drugs that are often given to epilepsy patients can interfere with vitamin D metabolism , leading to deficiency. My Vitamin D level as of now is 27.11 ng/nl . For vitamin D I am taking Cholecalciferol Granules Due to the deficiency of Vitamin D my company will be deducting 10% of my total pay . I found out through my neuro surgeon that Vitamin D increases gradually in Epileptic patients. I need to confirm that does Sodium Valproates can sap our body of vitamin D, folic acid, and maybe even calcium. Need to give an explanation to my company.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013