Suffering from dry throat and pricking sensation, painful to touch, tonsils bit swollen. Solution?

I have a dry throat ...but no coughing....feels like needles sometimes. I did have a cold that started a few weeks ago..and seems to change its symptoms each week...except for the throat...THAT got worse until now.... it s dry, a bit swollen, sore on the right side, painful to the touch at the front .....just under the Adams Apple. I can feel the phlegm going down the back of my throat...but no cough. My tonsils are a bit swollen. Hope this makes sense to somebody, please help.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013