Suffering from dizzy spells. Taking zen retard medication. Should I continue?

thanx sir, i am 33 yrs old woman i have a child (9yrs old). i was having zen retard 200mg form the age of 13 to 20 (not remember exactly) because i got unconscious suddenly with very much irritation at that time it happened after few days but after getting treatment i was getting well and the time period of the problem was in months and now in years. i just want to know the exact problem i was having, should i continue the med.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Hi there,

From the brief details provided, it seems that you had an atypical type of epilepsy, for which Zen Retard was prescribed.

If you had not had any episodes for more than 3 years, the chances of complete recovery are very bright.

I therefore, feel that a trial of gradually tapering off Zen Retard over the next 3 months--> complete withdrawal of drug- should be given.

However, this should be done under close supervision AND consent of Neurologist.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal