Suffering from critical upper abdomen hernia. What i need to do ?

Dear Doctor, I am Rani from India. My mother is about 64 years old and having critical upper abdomen hernia and severe pain. We would like to go for surgery for complete cure. I heard that is upper abdomen surgery is very critical because other organs like lungs, heart are very close and it is very critical. Could please clarify me how far it is critical and how much do we need to careful. Please help me with your expert answers. Thanks in advance, Rani.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Sep 2010