Suffering from conjunctivitis, eyelids swollen. Could it be herpetic eye disease? Cure?

Hi Im suffering from conjunctivitis. I work in UK as a chest physician but am visiting home in Pakistan. Doctor here says its viral conjunctivitis, probably adenovirus. It's effecting one eye (left). I had a cold sore a few days before I got conjunctivitis/ blepharitis. Eyelids are also swollen. I'm getting better (day 8 today) but worried if it could be herpetic eye disease? as that could recur with occasionally adverse complications. The ophthalmologist says cornea is ok, andy Vision infact is not effected. What are the chances of my problem being due to adeno or herpes virus. Also the gritty sensation in the eyes gets better after meals! Any explanation for this.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013