Suffering from cold and slight ear loss. Taking antibiotics, with no relief. Is it an ear infection?

I did have a cold fo over 2 months, now I feel much better but now my earring from my left ear is 50% lost. The doctor told me I had an iner ear infection and he also saw a noble on my ear drum. I now take antibiotic for 4 days but my earring is still not back. I have an appointment with the ear doctor in 1 week. Is it normal after 4 days that my earring on my left ear is still not back, should I do something ?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013