Suffering from back pain. MRI done. Findings?

Hi, I am suffering from back pain. I have done MRI. My doctor suggest me an operation. My question "It is necessary to do an operation". Please review MRI report and suggest.
Findings:

Normal lumbar lordosis is maintained.

Defect is seen in pars interarticularis of L5 vertebra on right side with minimal anterior translation of

L5 over S1 vertebra. Left pars interarticularis looks normal.

Vertebral body heights are normal.

Bone marrow signal is normal.

Partial degeneration of L4-L5 and L5-S1 level intervertebral discs with normal disc heights.

Mild narrowing of exit foramina at L5-S1 level due to minimal anterior translation of L5 and posterior

pseudo disc bulge, abutting the exiting nerve roots on both sides.

Mild posterior disc bulge at L4-L5 level causing mild narrowing of lateral recess on both sides. No

extension to exit foramina.

Anterior and posterior longitudinal ligaments appear normal.

No thickening of ligamentum flavum.

Facet joints are normal.

Conus medullaris is normal.

Visualized sacro-iliac joints are normal.

Prevertebral and paravertebral soft tissue is normal.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013