Suffering from UTI. Told bladder infection due to prostate infection. Don't want to take long term medicines. Suggestions?

Hi Doctor I am 67 and suffering from UTI every once a while. When happens I take Cipro 500 Mg for one week and things go back to normal. My prostate is 35 gr. It starts giving me high blood pressure . I don t know if that is due to med. My doctor believes bladder infection is due to prostate infection and recommends I take SMZ-TMP DS tab for life time. I am not much into long term drugs and wondering if that can help. Can you give me a hint. Thanks Mike
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013