Suffering from CHF, have affected speech post a stroke, advised to insert a breathing tube. What are the pros and cons of this procedure?

Patient -(my grandmother -86 years old) had minor stroke about two weeks ago. A second minor stroke occured over the weekend affecting her right side (speech). I have been informed that it would be best to insert a breathing tube. What are the pros and cons of this procedure? What is the likelihood that a person can come off of this? The patient has CHF and they don t want to over tax her heart . Please share your thouights..
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012