Suffering from Barrett's Esophagus, lifestyle changed to reduce GERD. Anything to improve digestion?

I have a client who is suffering from Barrett s Esophagus and am prescribing him dietary and lifestyle changes in order to reduce his GERD and improve his health overall. He is 275 lbs (125 kilos) and is about 80 lbs overweight. His diet is poor but he excersises regularly. I am recommending a kapha and pitta pacifying diet and encouraging him to eliminate meat and dairy consumption, take kitchari and beverages like ginger tea and coconut water. Is there anything else that is recommended for helping improve the digestion in cases of Barrett s?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  37 Awaiting Answer