Suffered with seizure, stroke, unconsciousness. On oxygen machine. What type of stroke was it?

Hello - A week ago, my Aunt B who is 90 years old and in a nursing home, suffered a seizure and is not responding! She makes involuntary movements with hands and feet and grunting noises. Her doctor examined her for the second time and told her sister that Aunt B suffered a stroke to the back of the brain and with that type of stroke, there is no chance of recovery; it's just a matter of time. There has been no change to her unconsciousness since last week. She is on a portable oxygen machine on and off and basically the machine is keeping her alive. It's like she is in a deep sleep. My questions are: (1) I am not sure if she had the seizure first, then a stroke? and (2) What type of stroke did she have? Are the stroke and seizure similar? Thank you. TS
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013