Suffered from knee injury. Swelling around knee, pop sensation. Using crutches. Treatment?

I suffered a knee injury during a football game (indoor - turf). It was a non-contact injury where I planted my left to make a cut right and I felt a pop sensation in the knee and immediately went down. There swelling around the knee (mainly on the inside of the knee) but the swelling has dissipated over the past 24 hours with RICE treatment + Aleve . I have been using crutches since the injury occurred but have been able to walk on it and place weight on it. Every few steps the feeling of a locked knee or instability sometimes occurs. I met with an athletic trainer at Ursinus College, who did a series of tests of me and believes it is not ACL related. He stated it could be MCL or he thought patellar subluxation .
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013