Suffer from vomiting, pain in the chest, difficulty in eating and drinking. Diffuse esophageal spasm diagnosed. Weight loss. Need to be worried?

My nephew is 25 years old. It started with stomach virus- vomitting. It did not go away. He was taken to nearby hospital. They really did no do much, and sent him back home. He was also feeling pain in the chest , and having difficulty eating and drinkin. . One week past, he could not eat or drink anything. Even a little sip, it would hurt so much. After two weeks, the doctors diagnosed Diffuse Esophagal Spasm - rare diseases, after a MANOMETRY Test. They started treatment. Two weeks past but no improvement. He has already lost about 18-20 pounds and started feeling week. We are sincerely looking for you help. Best Regards, Mukesh Gandhi
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013