Suffer from severe cough, hoarse voice and throat irritation. Need a solution

I have had a bad cough for nearly 2 weeks, have taken medicine bought from Boots which did not help. Went to the doctors who said it was viral, to take paracetemol every 4 hours, honey, lots of liquid but not tea/coffee. I guess my cough is much better than it was but still present, plus voice sounds hoarse and I have this feeling that there is something at back of throat. Feels like crumbs from pastry / that type of feeling. I have gargled, inhaled with mint and anis but nothing clears it. Also at times I feel as if I will be sick and actually have that sensation and taste but nothing happens. At times also my stomach makes lots of rumbling type sounds which seem to come up to my mouth, not sure what else to do
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013