Suffer fro shoulder pain. X-ray showing dark spot. Bone scan scheduled. On treatment for HBV

Hi Doctor,
My husband had a shoulder pain off and on for over 3 month after Balling playing.He had a bone X-ray, and was told there is "stain", ~1.3 cm, or darker spot. The doctor ordered bone scan and MRI for further check. The x ray result could be false alarm or for sure indicate something wrong? Could it be bone mets? Because he has HBV and under treatment,but monitored with ultrosound (just had one recently and looks normal) and blood test.
I can not wait for the bone scan and MRI results, so ask questions here. Thank you so much in advance!
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013