Suddenly my heart rate was 116 bpm.Is it dangerous?

Unexplained resting heart rate, has been 116bpm for five hours and I've only been in bed ?
Iwas off college today because I was having chest problems. So I've been in bed all day. But about 5 hours ago, my heart rate rapidly rose. I've just measured my HR and it was 116bpm. I don't think the rate has changed since it started. I'm male & 18. I've also been quite shakey and light headed at times. All I really want to know Is should I be concerned! Thanks Good advice, but it's gone 1am where I am. Nope. No caffeine or narcotics I'm thinking you're right. I might go down to a and e to get it checked out. The thing is I don't want to wake my parents up, they both have early starts. Should I leave a note and drive to a and e
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009