Sudden weight gain over tummy, have severe headaches every morning, have regular periods, protected sex. Should I take a pregnancy test?

Hi Doctor, I am 24 yrs old and married. I was just wondering if I am pregnant or anything is wrong with me. i was 52 kgs 2 months back and all of sudden ive reached 60 kgs. There has been a weight gain on my tummy ...Ive never crossed 53 kgs in my life and ive always had a flat tummy. I and my husband have protected sex but I missed a period in february but started getting my regular periods from next month onwards. I also get severe headache nowadays, esp, when i wake up in the morning. Do you think i need to take a pregnancy test? I just concerned and worried..please help me out..Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

If at all your period is regular now, then pregnancy can be ruled out. Your symptoms do indicate a possible hormonal imbalance and will have to be investigated further to find the cause. Please report to your doctor for an elaborate evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.