Sudden tightness in ankle, redness in foot travelled to shin, bulging bruise. Should I be concerned?

Hello...3 days ago I felt sudden tightness in my left ankle....the top of my foot became red and began to travel up my shin. Left ankle swollen so much that it seemed to go over top of my shoe. Now I have petechaie on the right inner side of my left lower leg accompanied by a bulging bruise to the right midway on my shin. I have not been bug simply began...the more I am on my feet ...the more swelling , tightness and tenderness near the bulging bruise I feel.....need I be concerned? I am 59 year old female, slender and in good health.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012