Sudden rise in BP, suspect anxiety attack. Wasn't panicky when readings taken. What is it ?

Hi. My mom had a sudden rise in blood pressure and after heart tests the cardiologist told her that her heart is fine and that it was nothing wrong. However, i suspect that she had an extreme anxiety attackbecause she had a difficult past and she experienced panic attacks few years ago. But she refuses to believe that it might be psychological so she plans to meet another doctor to tell her if she is sick or not. However, she didn t feel panicky when her blood pressure was taken but her readings were high. How to help her?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013