Sudden onset of chills and shivering. No pain or no nausea. What can be done?

my male friend is in his mid 30s. He just came back from New York (and spent the day at airports trying to get back home). He napped for a couple of hours...woke up about an hour ago will chills and is shivering . He has no other pain, nausea ...We haven t taken a temperature yet--going to get a thermometer now. What may be wrong with him? A friend told him to warm up in the warm/hot shower. He is still shivering.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Chills with fever are commonly seen in typhoid, dengue, malaria and urinary tract infection(more common in ladies).I suggest to consult your doctor since these can be ruled out only on examination & with helps of labs(tests).Hope this helps.Take care.Shower or just paracetamol does not help unless the underlying cause is treated.