Sudden lowering of hemoglobin and platelet levels. Bone marrow test done. Have diabetes. Is this an infection in the blood?

my father got unwell a week before.Doctors are not advising anything and are wiating for the bone marrow test report.his haemoglobin is falling from 8.1 to 7.5. Now it 7.1 . his platel;ets have flucTUATED FROM 5,000 TO 27,000 TO 18,000 TO 45,000 TO 51,000. iT HAS NOW AGAIN DROPPED BACK TO 41,OOO . dOCTOR SAY THERE might be an infection in the blood . My dad is slightly diabetic kindly sugest au prognosis
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012