Sudden decrease in ALT, AST values after inserting nephrostomy, increased dose of MS contin. Possible reason?

Hi i am a nursing student an am wondering? i have a patient that i am doing a composite on. she was admitted with abdominal pains and i am specificlly looking at her AST and ALT values. Her AST was 65 U/L and ALT 59 U/L on admittance. She has had a whipple procedure done for pancreatic cancer previously and on this recent visit had a nephrostomy tube inserted. I dont think this would have caused a large decrease in these values but her AST went down to 30 and her ALT went down to 29 after her 5 day stay in hospital. Could you please give me some insight into why these would have fallen so much after being so high in such a short time. Like i said the only procedure that was done was the tube and her pain medication of MS contin was increased from 30mg up to 60mg upon discharge .
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013