Sub-chorionic collection noted in the inferior aspect of the gestation sac. Why am I bleeding?

Dear Doctor, My name is Santhosh. I would like to discuss problems my wife has, who is a pregnant. My wife is 26 years old and she is in 10th week of pregnancy. She was feeling severe pain in the abdomen . Doctor suggested to have scanning. While going for scanning she started bleeding like during her periods. The scanning report is as below : 1. Fetal heart activity noted with FHR 167B/min. Fetal spontaneous movements good. 2. Sub-chorionic collection noted in the inferior aspect of the gestation sac measuring 25 x 8 mm Impression : - Single intrauterine gestation sac with single viable fetal pole of about 10 weeks 1 day gestation with features of threatened abortion - Sub-chorionic collection noted in the inferior aspect of the gestation sac. Doctor has advised the following - 1. Absolute bed rest 2. Tablet susten 200mg 1-0-1 for a month 3. Injection - Hucog 2000 hp 3 times with 4 days gap between doses. My Question : 1. What could be the causes of bleeding? Is this kind of bleeding is normal for 10th week of pregnancy? 2. Whether the injection and tablet suggested are right? 3. Will these tablets and injections will have any side effects on baby? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013